Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello dear Forum.
    I have my raspberry pi 2B for almost a week now and I installed retropie V3.0 Beta 4.
    However, Almost daily i had do format my SD card and write the image on it again because i had daily issues with retropie.

So I was thinking maybe I dont write it correct on The sd card?
    Is there a proper tutorial on how to do it all on linux?
    I am using Linux Mint and after i downloaded the image all i had to do was unzip it, then right clicking it and chose the option create bootable image.

sselph
    Participant

something like this but it is VERY important you make sure /dev/sdZ is replaced with the path of your SD card.

sudo dd if=/path/to/retropie.img of=/dev/sdZ bs=4M

The process would be similar to the following except with the retropie img instead of raspbian. There is also a GUI version above the command line version:
    http://elinux.org/RPi_Easy_SD_Card_Setup#Using_the_Linux_command_line

dragonjarvis
    Participant

Thank you, but I still cant get it to work. I watched and read 4 different tutorials by now and I get always errors that it cannot find the device or something like that. I made sure to write my correct device and so on.

EDIT: Finally got it to work… HOWEVER nothing happens…
    Thank you.

dragonjarvis
    Participant

Great.. so after I did exactly what was in the tutorial and waited patiend until the image was done, I put the micro sd in my rpi2 and… nothing happens. Nothing at all.
    So i tried to put it back into my pc and I cant even format it now. I dont now if I have to mount it back or not.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.