Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am using the latest RetroPie 3.6 on a new Raspberry Pi 3, and HDMI output. I have tried writing a fresh RetroPie image to a Class 10 16GB card, and loading ONLY Super Mario Bros. 3 onto it. There is a noticeable lag between button presses and response on-screen. I have tried my USB controller on my PC running Nestopia and the same ROM, and the response is snappy, just as if playing on an actual NES console. I have tried plugging my Pi into 2 of my TVs, setting those to “Game” mode, and even tried the Pi on my PC monitor. The laggy response feels exactly the same on all displays and modes.

Is there some setting I can use to improve this? Should I be setting the memory split (I do not bother, as none of the documentation seems to indicate that being necessary), or making other adjustments in order to better sync the display? Thank you!

jrburke99
    Participant

I have thought about maybe using the RCA composite output instead on the same TVs. One of my TVs is LCD, the other is DLP. Might I avoid the lag this way?

dankcushions
    Participant

memory split has nothing to do with it (or anything much to do with retropie, as the documentation says).

surely if you’ve tested your pi on your pc monitor, then you’ve ruled out the tv/display as your issue?

please look at this thread for all information on this subject: https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/hows-your-input-lag/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Video Output on RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.