Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

Following some directions from the lifehacker article and a link in the forums here for 2.2 guide I’ve gotten my machine almost configured with a B+.

I downloaded the 2.3 image, ran the updates from the 2.2 guide in the forums and then copied rome over via SSH using cyberduck.

I have a couple issues and any help or pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

1) First issue is I have both SNES and NES roms but I don’t see them in emulation station. The only emulators in the menu are IBM, Ports, Apple II and MAME. How do I get additional emulators into Emulation Station?

2) Second issue I tried about 3-4 different MAME roms (all are 37b5) and all of them I couldn’t get the game to start. 1941 was stuck at the insert coin screen, pac-man and donkey kong hitting start didn’t work. I’m using the SNES USB controller from the lifehacker article. Configuring it I first did that in Emulation Station and then did it from the RestroPie-Setup/retropie_setup.sh script setting the 3rd option and selecting tetrarch controller. I only pushed the buttons I had.

theroamer
    Participant

Are your nes/snes roms zipped? If so they need to be unzipped and the .nes / .smc files should go in ~/RetroPie/roms/nes and ~/RetroPie/roms/snes

For the mame controller issue, try loading a rom, hitting tab, then configuring your controller from the menu.

calcio
    Participant

Thanks both worked. Time to now find a better controller.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.