Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey,

I’ve searched high and low and have no luck finding any help on taking a screen shot of Emulation Station. I hate taking a photo of my screen, and a screen shot would help me so much more if there were small layout issues.

Can someone please tell me how to get a screen shot of Emulation Station, preferably on Windows. I use this to set up my themes before uploading them onto the pie.

Thanks in advance.

zigurana
    Participant

There are probably many ways, but I use raspi2png (look for it on github)

My workflow:
    1) Start RetroPie / EmulationStation on its own screen. And get to the screen you want to ehh, shoot.
    2) use ssh to get to a terminal
    3) go to the directory where raspi2png was installed (my case: home/raspi2png)
    4) run ./raspi2png -p usefullfilename.png
    5) use winscp to copy the bew file over to pc
    6) ??
    7) profit!

Send from mobile, please excuse any brevity and typos.

Keigan
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for the post.

I know this site is typically for RetroPie and not just Emulation Station, however my main issue with that is I want to do this through Windows. I have my setup identical to my pie so using the portable version of Emulation Station I can make quick edits and without uploading to my Pie I can tweak anything I need to.

Also I do a lot of editing at work, so I was hoping for a Windows way versus a Pie way since I don’t have my Pie with me.

Thanks again I will definitely use this way on my Pie.

herbfargus

On windows you can prntscrn and then paste Into Ginp or something equivalent or if it doesn’t show in full screen you can start emulationstation in a windowed mode.

Explained on this video:

Keigan
    Participant

Ahh, there we go, yeah it would never show up full screen so in windowed mode it does.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.