Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve been trying to figure out a way to get the D-Pad on my xbox 360 controller to work with PiFBA. For most emulators xboxdrv works best when started with the –dpad-as-button flag except for PiFBA. With that flag set, there seems to be no way to use the d-pad as intended. Without that flag set, I can simply change the joystick axis in the config file for PiFBA, and the d-pad works as expected.

So, given that the above is true, to use the d-pad in every emulator, I need to be able to stop and restart the xboxdrv with different settings for PiFBA. Is there an easy way to do that?

I was playing around with bash scripts last night, but really made no progress. Every attempt just resulted in errors. I’m pretty new to linux in general, so if somebody could tell me if I’m on the right track at least, it would really help. I’m not actually in front of my PI at the moment, so I can’t test anything. After a little googling this morning I think the following should shut down the xboxxrv, after which I should be able to just add some additional lines to restart the xboxdrv with the settings I want.

#! /bin/bash
    xboxdrvPID=$(pgrep --exact xboxdrv)
    kill "$xboxdrvPID"

So, am I at least on the right track with this?

labelwhore
    Participant

Nevermind this. I think the better option may be to use the –next-config option and expose the xbox button on my diy arcade stick.

Something like this:

xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --id 0 --led 2 --dpad-as-button --deadzone 4000 --silent --next-config --trigger-as-button --id 0 --led 2 --deadzone 4000 --silent &

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.