Viewing 26 posts - 36 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Participant

has anyone had any luck getting the xi mo 2 to work with a pi3 ? mine will not register left and right joystick at all. ive tried the kernel patch on here but after applying the pi wont boot. I’m running then latest retropi 3.6

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried the kernel with a raspberry Pi 3 and retropie 3.6….rainbow screen of death on reboot. Don’t repeat my mistake! Hopefully a new kernel comes our way soon :) thanks to everyone who works on this stuff so we can enjoy!

stephen
    Participant

I was going to order a raspberry pi3 but don’t know if I should now or not, would it take much to update this kernel for the pi3?

karimi
    Participant

hey Guys could u plz help me?!
    I got a raspberry PI 2+B and also a 3 on both ones I canÄt fix my Xin-Mo Arcade Stickproblem. I got also the Problem, that Player 1 is also controlling Player 2 and the other way around.
    I didn’t try the fix kernel, caue it was just testet with the PI 1 and PI 2 but not B+, so I am scared like the other guys before me with the PI 3 to brick it.

Is there anyother solution?!?

Thanks

karimi
    Participant

Guys can I use the kernel for a Raspberry pi 2 B+?!?

dudesdude
    Participant

[quote=121027]I tried the kernel with a raspberry Pi 3 and retropie 3.6….rainbow screen of death on reboot. Don’t repeat my mistake! Hopefully a new kernel comes our way soon :) thanks to everyone who works on this stuff so we can enjoy!

[/quote]

Hey, I also have Pi 3. I tried the kernel on mine last night. This is before I read what happened with your results or I wouldn’t have tried it haha. I had the same results, rainbow screen of death on reboot and every boot after that. I spent all night wiping my SD card, downloading Raspbian, installing Raspbian, downloading and installing RetroPie on spotty internet to get back to where I was haha.I should have realized that the Kernel probably wasn’t going to work on the Pi 3, but I was desperate. I have tried everything else up to that point and I just wanted it to work.

I’ll update my post if I find anything out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Got mine to work with Raspberry pi 3!

Kernel wasn’t needed, just added the usbquirks line. Make sure your device ID is correct! Mine wasn’t the same as what is listed under the instructions with the usbquirks step. 0314:0326 instead. Sub-in whats listed when you run lsusb. rebooted and emulation station picked up two players. Configured in mame4all with use of xbox 360 controllers for players 3 and 4, works great. Works in retroarch as well.

dudesdude
    Participant

[quote=121275]Got mine to work with Raspberry pi 3!

Kernel wasn’t needed, just added the usbquirks line. Make sure your device ID is correct! Mine wasn’t the same as what is listed under the instructions with the usbquirks step. 0314:0326 instead. Sub-in whats listed when you run lsusb. rebooted and emulation station picked up two players. Configured in mame4all with use of xbox 360 controllers for players 3 and 4, works great. Works in retroarch as well.

[/quote]

You are awesome! Thank you so much for sharing that! I’ll try it as soon as I get home.

karimi
    Participant

sorry but could u plz spend a littel bit more words, that I can follwo u and understand your post, to get also my problem solved?!?

Thanks a lot

karimi
    Participant

what is usbquirks line and where to get it and I also can’t follow this??!

under the instructions with the usbquirks step. 0314:0326 instead. Sub-in whats listed when you run lsusb.

duckclimber
    Participant

Hi Karami!

[quote=121234]Guys can I use the kernel for a Raspberry pi 2 B+?!?

[/quote]

Yes you can use the guide for Raspberry pi 1 & 2, no kernel fix available for the Raspberry pi 3 yet, but if I read the post above right we don’t need a kernel fix for the 3.

karimi
    Participant

what is usbquirks line and where to get it and I also can’t follow this??!

under the instructions with the usbquirks step. 0314:0326 instead. Sub-in whats listed when you run lsusb.
    my Problem is follow:

I configure Player 1 dn 2 via retroarch. The index was on both Players the same (#0), but then the sticks doesn’t work. Then I configure Player 1 via emulationstation and go after that to retroarch to look up the devices.
    Player 1 and 2 gotstill the same, but now INDEX (#1). Now the Sticks work, but I am still controlling both Players simultanious with the sticks.

Thanks for any help I am freaking out

duckclimber
    Participant

[quote=121283]what is usbquirks line and where to get it and I also can’t follow this??!

[/quote]

Read the first post (the guide), you can find the answer to your question there.

duckclimber
    Participant

Hi!

[quote=121275]Got mine to work with Raspberry pi 3!

[/quote]

Can tell us where you bought your Xin-Mo? Because that solution never worked for me before, tried it several times. Maybe it is fixed with 3.6? Can someone else confirm?

duckclimber
    Participant

[quote=121195]hey Guys could u plz help me?!
    I got a raspberry PI 2+B and also a 3 on both ones I canÄt fix my Xin-Mo Arcade Stickproblem. I got also the Problem, that Player 1 is also controlling Player 2 and the other way around.
    I didn’t try the fix kernel, caue it was just testet with the PI 1 and PI 2 but not B+, so I am scared like the other guys before me with the PI 3 to brick it.

Is there anyother solution?!?

Thanks

[/quote]

The B+ is the same as Raspberry pi 1, just more USB-ports. So this guide will work for you:-)

dudesdude
    Participant

[quote=121277]

Got mine to work with Raspberry pi 3!

You are awesome! Thank you so much for sharing that! I’ll try it as soon as I get home.

[/quote]

Out of curiosity what was the USB labeled as? I have five listings that show up on lsusb and none of them look like they would belong to the xin mo haha.

I tried lsusb -t and I have sorting out to do.

I just ssh’d in from my computer and removed my usbs to figure it out.

karimi
    Participant

nice work guys after weeks I got it solved…
    well done I got a Raspberry 2 B+ and I also skiped Step 1-8 and started with Step 9 and it works out.
    So other Problem is I don’t have sound…so next problem

dudesdude
    Participant

I need your help, I tried figuring out which usb was which.

When I type lsusb I get:

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 04f3:0103 Elan Microelectronics Corp. ActiveJet K-2024 Multimedia Keyboard
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 16c0:05e1 Van Ooijen Technische Informatica Free shared USB VID/PID pair for CDC devices
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I have a hunch my xin mo is:
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 16c0:05e1 Van Ooijen Technische Informatica Free shared USB VID/PID pair for CDC devices

When I tried the usbquirk method, nothing changed.

EDIT: Something did change, my buttons act like there is nothing assigned to them now.

duckclimber
    Participant

Hi!

[quote=121304]I need your help, I tried figuring out which usb was which.

When I type lsusb I get:

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 04f3:0103 Elan Microelectronics Corp. ActiveJet K-2024 Multimedia Keyboard
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I have a hunch my xin mo is:

When I tried the usbquirk method, nothing changed.

EDIT: Something did change, my buttons act like there is nothing assigned to them now.

[/quote]

Yes, 16c0:05e1 is the correct one, the whole text string should look like: usbhid.quirks=0x16c0:0x05e1:0x040

What Raspberry pi and RetroPie version are you using? And have you applied the kernel fix?

duckclimber
    Participant

As I have said before, using only the “usbquirk method” didn’t work for me. And thus I created this guide, so if the Xin-Mo doesn’t work with only the “usbquirk method” use the whole guide.

dudesdude
    Participant

Hello DuckClimber!

I am using a Raspberry Pi 3 and RetroPie 3.6 with the Xin Mo Board. I tried the Kernel fix last night, but I forgot that didn’t support the Pi 3 because it wasnt out yet. This resulted in a brick system haha.

dudesdude
    Participant

I fixed my issue.

For anyone else who uses a Pi 3 or Retropie 3.6 here is how to make both gamepads be detected.

Go to sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt.

Do exactly what DuckClimber says in his usbquirks post.

So, go to the end of the first line, hit the spacebar after the last word in the first line.

Paste this usbhid.quirks=0x16c0:0x05e1:0x040

Warning: Your usbid may be different.

Use lsusb to check.

From here if you already configured a gamepad (I did in my case so the config menu was not coming back up in emulationstation) delete this file.

This is the command exactly.

sudo rm /home/pi/.emulationstation/es_input.cfg

Reboot.

In the commandline type reboot

Now when you reboot you should have the configuration menu come up and two game pads should be detected.

If you ever need to check your joysticks, install this.

sudo apt-get install joystick

Then to test your joysticks, do this.

jstest /dev/input/js0

and

jstest /dev/input/js1

Results will be something like this.

Axes: 0: 0 1: 0: Buttons: 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off 7:off

sid723
    Participant

Anyone have experience with the JUYAO Dual Joystick USB interface board?

bzzb
    Participant

This is a great tutorial. I did it yesterday and everything is working, except one thing : I can’t configure the emulator exit button and the hotkey for mame4all (start + select).
    I tried several configurations, including configuring the “retroarch.cfg” and “Xin-Mo Xin-Mo Dual Arcade.cfg” manually with:

input_start_btn = "8"
    input_exit_emulator_btn = "8"

and

input_select_btn = "9"
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = "9"

The emulator exit button (start+select) works well if a use a 8BitdoNES30Pro8BitdoNES30Pro controller. The 8BitdoNES30Pro8BitdoNES30Pro.cfg is exactly the same above, only the button numbers are diferente, of course.

– Yes, the buttons are working
    – Yes, the buttons are mapped

Is there any other place that may be misconfigured ?
    On the mame4all <TAB> menu, there is not mapping to a exit button. Should be one available there ?

Any help is appreciate.

dudesdude
    Participant

I had a very similar issue and this is how I overcame it so hopefully it helps you too.

What I did was I entered the Retroarch GUI.

I went to settings, input, and then USER one settings. I mapped my controls the way I wanted them and did the same for user 2 and the hot keys.

I then backed out into the intro menu for the Retroarch GUI. I went down to save new configuration.

I saved the new configuration and ssh from my laptop into my pi.

I went to the research.cfg and the retroarch.cfg.bad files and removed them both and renamed the newly saved configuration as retroarch.cfg and retroarch.cfg.bak

I rebooted the pi.

Low and behold it all worked.

If you try and do it for a specific game, hit f1 on your keyboard right before the game loads.

So, after selecting a game in your menu, hit f1 and the retroarch configuration will come up and you be able to map controls for that game specifically .

stephen
    Participant

Finally got my raspberry pi3, added the usb quirk and everything worked first time.
    For anyone not use to using the terminal for finding the cmdline to add the usb quirk,
    The easiest way is as follows:

1: put your sd card into the pc or laptop and open the files.
    2: Open the cmdline file.
    3: at the end of the line tap space then enter the usb quirk.

If your going to input lsusb to find your controller number its best to unplug everything from the USB ports and just leave your controller USB and keyboard connected, much less confusing then.

Viewing 26 posts - 36 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.