Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello
    I was wondering how to edit gamelist.xml in Retropie so I can change things like where the image is located and descriptions for games that do not show up when I use the scraper. I am using RetroPie 3.0 on a Raspberry Pi 2. If there is a command prompt to bring up the script for gamelist.xml then that would be great, since I have been having trouble using the command I found online to bring up the script.

Floob

Which scraper are you using? The built in one, or the one from sselph?

https://github.com/sselph/scraper

niksteve70
    Participant

Yeah the built in scraper

Floob

I’d use the one above instead, it has a lot of benefits, not least the speed it will rip through the files.
    After that, you can always edit the gamelist.xml if you want, it would be in the roms folder by default.
    So, “nano /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/megadrive/gamelist.xml”

niksteve70
    Participant

Awesome, one last thing is there anyway I can move the downloaded images file (i.e. Where the game covers are located) to my USB hard drive, so I don’t fill up my sd card. I already am able to play my roms from the usb hard drive

Floob

Yes you can move the images, but as they are thumbnails they really dont take up much space at all.

niksteve70
    Participant

Ok that’s good I thought they were like high quality jpegs and take up a lot of space on my sd card, Thank you for your help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.