Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a few questions:

1. Is there an easy way to display framerate while running retroarch? I’d like to have a more scientific way of comparing different cores for a particular system.

2. I discovered that hitting “x” while launching a retroarch core gives me the ability to set all sorts of specifics related to the output resolution, refresh rate, cycles, and other stuff I don’t understand. How do I go about picking among these? I have a 1080p 16×9 LCD TV, so does CEA 5 makes the most sense? What are the advantages/disadvantages of the other choices? Ideally I’d like to have the image be as large as possible while still maintaining the original intended aspect ratio. I’d also like performance to not be impacted negatively by my choice.

Thanks!

cacophony555
    Participant

Anybody?

gizmo98
    Participant

1. Retroarch can display frame rates if video is not threaded. Open RGui ingame with F1 or start+x and enable “show framrate”

2. CAE19 should be the highest resolution. Higher resolutions have a performance impact but if you have a Pi2 this should be no problem. Retroarch keeps aspect equal if you switch display resolutions.

cacophony555
    Participant

[quote=89602]1. Retroarch can display frame rates if video is not threaded. Open RGui ingame with F1 or start+x and enable “show framrate”

2. CAE19 should be the highest resolution. Higher resolutions have a performance impact but if you have a Pi2 this should be no problem. Retroarch keeps aspect equal if you switch display resolutions.
    [/quote]

For some reason I can’t get any GUI to open in-game in any of my retroarch cores. I tried hitting all the different function keys as well as start+x on the joypad. F4 does work to quit emulation station so I know the keyboard is working. Any ideas?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.