Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello!

I would like to play General Chaos with four controllers, but I cannot get it to work. I have my keyboard setup for controllers 3 and 4, but the game does not recognize 4 controllers.

I know for a fact that this game supports 4 player modes.

janezkranjc
    Participant

Ok I figured it out!

You have to use lr-genesis-plus-gx for this to work. When you’re inside the game press the hotkey+menu toggle button together to get to the menu.

Then you have to go to Settings and then to Input settings.

Then I changed the Use 2 Device Type from Joypad Auto to MD Joypad 3 button + 4-WayPlay

When I reset the game it worked! (Hotkey+reset)

I then saved the config to see what the setting looks like in the config:

its like this:

input_libretro_device_p2="1025"

I included this in my megadrive retroarch.cfg and now it works like a charm everytime I start the game!

janezkranjc
    Participant

Ok I should note that with this setting other games without multitap do not work (controllers aren’t recognized) :) So I apparently need to figure out a way to have rom-specific cfg settings for games with multitap.

dr-jerkberg
    Participant

Hi there, do you know if this also works for other platforms I.E the SNES?

janezkranjc
    Participant

Yes it works, but you need a different setting (I’m sure 1025 will not work, but some other value will). You need to figure it out by following what I did and find the proper device type.

If you can’t find it, I will try it for you, but I cannot this week as I am on a business trip.

dr-jerkberg
    Participant

Thanks, it should be 257 according to the config file, however this still does’t work for me. The way you did it through the menu does’t work either because it doesn’t list the multitap as a device.

janezkranjc
    Participant

Which backend are you using for snes?

dr-jerkberg
    Participant

pocketsnes

janezkranjc
    Participant

try lr-SNES9x-next, I think this one has an option of multitap

dr-jerkberg
    Participant

Apparently it only works with a pi2, and I have a pi1.

Yusuke Urameshi
    Participant

I have a Pi2 and can’t configure it 4 players, really don’t know what am I missing, tried 4-wayplay and teamplayer on 1st and second devices.
    now I got no keyboard and only 1 of my 3 usb joysticks working in 3 button mode.
    Strange fact it is I can’t choose nothing except joypad auto on 3rd and 4th devices.

pls some light on this my birthday will be within a month i would like to boost the party with the Pi.

cortex
    Participant

Check out this post:

Everything should work like that.

Yusuke Urameshi
    Participant

Thank you cortex but this post you linked is referring to snes and for now my main target is sega genesis.

jpgpuyo
    Participant

Hello,
    I have lr-genesis-plus-gx working with multitap but other games without multitap do not work (for sega genesis).
    I have on configuration:Joypad Auto to MD Joypad 6 button + 4-WayPlay)

¿Is there a way to enable/disable multitap with one key?
    ¿Is there a way to configure lr-genesis-plus to work with all games without change configuration every time?

Thank you

janezkranjc
    Participant

You can just set up a game specific config for each multitap game.

input_libretro_device_p2=1025

dankcushions
    Participant

[quote=99887]You can just set up a game specific config for each multitap game.

input_libretro_device_p2=1025

[/quote]

hi, just tried that custom config with lr-genesis-plus-gx for the same game (‘general chaos’) and doesn’t seem to work? I only get 1 or 2 player modes available in the game. I tried the same for mega bomberman and player 2 seems to control 2, 3 and 4.

I input it as the only line (should I have the rest of the lines from the normal config?) in the custom config option when you press ‘x’ when the rom is loading. Have I done something wrong?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.