Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve enabled per core config and save on exit, and it created a file called libretro.cfg. Well, thats good and all, but any time I exit and then go to play the game again, it has those options disabled and libretro.cfg is not loaded; instead retroarch.cfg is loaded. I can manually go select libretro.cfg and everything is good, but thats a pain to do every time and also it doesnt have certain things like hotkeys enabled. Using RP3 RC1. Thanks!

Floob

This partly answers why that happens:

The short answer to that is rip out the changes you need and manually add them into the retroarch.cfg, it should take about 5 mins when you get the hang of it, and you only have to do it once.
    I’ll try to do a specific video for that. In the meantime, check this one:

narp
    Participant

Oh cool, thanks floob! Just to be sure, I make the changes to the retroarch.cfg of the specific emulator I want, not the main config, right? It seems stupid, but I feel like everything I do has an unintended consequence haha.

Another question: i’ve enabled video_smooth=true in the main retroarch.cfg. However, some emulators, like snes, have video_smooth=false in their retroarch.cfg. If I understand correctly, this overrides the main config file. Why would those be in there if I’ve never set them to be? This is what my retroarch.cfg looks like:

# Smoothens picture with bilinear filtering. Should be disabled if using pixel shaders.
    video_smooth = true

I set it to what I want (true from false) and then delete the #, right? I ask because some things in the config have no # and some do, and some have the # then nothing after =, etc. Just kinda confusing. Sorry for all the quetions!

Floob

Yes, make them in the specific system version of retroarch.cfg, like /opt/retropie/configs/megadrive/retroarch.cfg
    And make the change at the top of the file, before the #include line.
    If you add it after, it wont override the one in /all/retroarch.cfg

Lines with a hash, # are just comments, they can stay if you like as they are ignored. Just dont take out the #include line as that isnt a comment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.