Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is it possible to hide the text while a game loads? Could there be a generic “Loading” screen or something?

sncboom2k
    Participant

But then you’d lose the “retro” feel that Linux brings to the package!! lol

I can see how it is a bit annoying. Probably low on the list for developers.

I just love trying to read it – it moves so fast and on a 1080p TV it’s tiny!

richardpi
    Participant

I’m not into Linux/raspberry for so long, but this is how I did most of the job you’re asking for:

Edit your /boot/cmdline.txt and change the following things in the long line of commands you’ll see:

Replace “console=tty1” by “console=tty3” and lots of boot text disappears.
    Add “loglevel=3” next to it.nothing that isn’t critical appears anymore.
    If you don’t want the default cursor to appear, then also add “vt.global_cursor_default=0”.

save your cmdline.txt again and most of the text is gone, except for one block that shows up between the retropie and ES screens, but don’t yet know how to hide that.

Hope this helps you out. Or at least a tiny bit:-)

Edit* excuse me for reading the question incorrect. I thought you were looking to cleanly startup. However maybe this is a start to make less messages appear anyways..

Roo
    Participant
    GameRockeR
    Participant

If you are using retropie 2.4 edit both files cmdline.txt located in /boot and inittab in folder /etc/

cmdline.txt
    dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty3 loglevel=3 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline rootwait logo.nologo vt.global_cursor_default=0

inittab
    1:2345:respawn:/bin/login -f pi tty1 </dev/tty1 >/dev/tty2 2>&1

I did this as explained, it works really good, the only text I see (just 2 lines of text) is just when I shutdown my Pi.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.