Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve posted on a few of the more popular forums, and I’m getting no help at all. I’ve done a ton of research, but it keeps being non-applicable.

From the SD image, I follow the instructions here: http://supernintendopi.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/an-a-to-z-beginners-guide-to-installing-retropie-on-a-raspberry-pi/

When I get to the part where it (and MANY other websites) tell me to enter the commands

cd RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/tools
    ./retroarch-joyconfig >> ~/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

I found that I don’t have the tools directory there. I have a retroarch-joyconfig file in my installdir folder though, but when I try to run it from there, I get an error. I’ve included an image of my most recent efforts.

At first, I can use the gamepad to navigate the menus, and when I go into the input config utility, I can set up the gamepad to work with the games, but upon reset, all changes are lost and it’s back to keyboard only. Also, once I’m in the game, I have to unplug the Pi because I mapped the exit command to the gamepad keys.

It seems like the overall problem (aside from my being Noob World Champion 2014), is that it seems like my settings are resetting every time it boots. Is that a common issue??

All I’m trying to do is be able to navigate the menus, and play and exit the games with my gamepad.

RetroMarine
    Participant

Just open: /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/alland edit retroarch.cfg to this code:input_player1_joypad_index = 0input_player1_b_btn = 2input_player1_a_btn = 1input_player1_y_btn = 3input_player1_x_btn = 0input_player1_l_btn = 4input_player1_r_btn = 5input_player1_start_btn = 9input_player1_select_btn = 8input_player1_l_y_plus = -1input_player1_up_axis = -1input_player1_l_y_minus = +1input_player1_down_axis = +1input_player1_l_x_minus = -0input_player1_left_axis = -0input_player1_l_x_plus = +0input_player1_right_axis = +0input_enable_hotkey_btn = 8input_exit_emulator_btn = 9input_enable_hotkey_btn = 8input_save_state_btn = 4input_enable_hotkey_btn = 8input_load_state_btn = 5input_player2_joypad_index = 1input_player2_b_btn = 2input_player2_a_btn = 1input_player2_y_btn = 3input_player2_x_btn = 0input_player2_l_btn = 4input_player2_r_btn = 5input_player2_start_btn = 9input_player2_select_btn = 8input_player2_l_y_plus = -1input_player2_up_axis = -1input_player2_l_y_minus = +1input_player2_down_axis = +1input_player2_l_x_minus = -0input_player2_left_axis = -0input_player2_l_x_plus = +0input_player2_right_axis = +0input_enable_hotkey_btn = 8input_exit_emulator_btn = 9input_enable_hotkey_btn = 8input_save_state_btn = 4input_enable_hotkey_btn = 8input_load_state_btn = 5(This will work on most the emulators, and I also added exit emulator by pressing select + start, as well as save state= select + L and load state= select + R) This reply was modified 15 hours, 18 minutes ago by
    RetroMarine.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

cadur
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I did as you suggested, and loaded Street Fighter 2. It seemed to work, but I noticed I was player 2. None of the hotkey functions worked. (I know you have them correct because they match everything else I’ve seen online.)

Also, I only have 1 controller, so I figured the Player 2 thing could pose a problem in other games. I deleted ONLY the commands that were related to player 2, and I have no controller function in the games anymore.

The keyboard wouldn’t work either, which I know is the point, but I thought it might be defaulting back to the keyboard.

I’m able to get my gamepad working in the games on my own. I just haven’t been able to get the hotkeys to function, or get it to remain gamepad controlled on reboot. The latter is my biggest priority.

flipbug
    Participant

That command you mentioned up at the top is no longer relevant as the config tool for Retroarch is now part of the Input Configuration that EmulationStation has :)

That much I’ve worked out – lots of guides out there are for older versions of Retropie which makes stuff pretty confusing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.