Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve recently switched from PiPlay to tryout RetroPie. It’s pretty awesome.

Anyway, I have a classic XBOX Pelican Real Arcade stick (Kind of like this which I’ve hacked for USB. When I first plugged it in, ES recognized it and I was able to set it up for navigation. It also worked just fine with RetroArch config and in the NES emulator.

When I got to MAME (Which I believe is now Mame4All), I could not get the stick to register. The buttons work just fine. What I recalled about my configuration for Mame4all in PiPlay was that the inputs came across as being from Hat 0. I had also used xboxdrv to get it to work. So, I installed the xboxdrv from the config menu. The next reboot, ES showed that I had 2 controllers installed. I held the button on the deck of the stick and configured it in ES. The joystick inputs showed up as being from the Hat. I went into mame4all and is still not recognizing the hat input (the buttons still work).

So, it seems to me that I have 2 drivers running simultaneously, and mame4all is confused about what to use.

Anyone have any thoughts about this? I haven’t tried manually editing the mame4all config file to look for the hats, but I suspect that it just won’t see them. When I did this before, I could configure it using the tab menu.

Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.