Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

When I try to open any GBA rom I get the same message line 283: 3070 “Illegal restriction” . I have tried updating the bios for the emulator but that has not helped. I have attached a picture and if you look on the right of the picture it seems the ROM’s file name has backslashes added to the while space in the file name and I think that is the issue but I don’t know why the slashes appear. I have listed below what is entered on the 283rd line in the file path that is on the left of the error message.

eval $command

Please any help would be appreciated I got this for my birthday gift and am still learning the ropes.
    Thanks!!

labelwhore
    Participant

What’s your es_systems.cfg file look like for the gba section?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can’t seem to find that where would it be located?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I found this under /opt/retropie/supplementary/ESConfigEdit/testfiles

<system>
    <fullname>Game Boy Advance</fullname>
    <name>gba</name>
    <path>~/RetroPie/roms/gba</path>
    <extension>.gba .GBA</extension>
    <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 4 “/opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi/gpsp %ROM%”</command>
    <platform>gba</platform>
    <theme>gba</theme>
    </system>

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Please can you try with the latest retropie image – the binary hasn’t lived in that location since retropie 2.3 and a lot has changed since then.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

oh wait, that’s an ancient test file – so unsure which version you are on – es_systems.cfg is in /etc/emulationstation

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay found the file and found it.

<system>
    <fullname>Game Boy Advance</fullname>
    <name>gba</name>
    <path>~/RetroPie/roms/gba</path>
    <extension>.gba .GBA</extension>
    <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 “/opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp/gpsp %ROM%” “gpsp”</command>
    <platform>gba</platform>
    <theme>gba</theme>
    </system>

petrockblog
    Keymaster

have you tried updating the binary (updating retropie-setup script first, then menu 5 to install individual emulators, then choosing gpsp) ?

If that still doesn’t work I’ll have to check myself – never actually tested this emulator :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I did try that. I went through these steps.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.