Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Managed to get the GPIO adapter all soldered up and plugged in however not getting any response from either of the SNES controllers.

When running jstest the axis values for both controllers are -32768 instead of 0 which makes me think there might be a short or something but unsure.

The button on the adapter works fine and there is continuity between all points on the board and the controller, mounting is correct as far as I can tell so I’m at a bit of a loss here, any ideas?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Can you post one or two pictures here?

Did you check all connections between the ribbon cable and the connectors?

Does your setup look like the one at https://www.petrockblock.com/2013/07/09/getting-started-with-the-retropie-gpio-adapter/?

Just some (hopefully) helpful guesses here …

randomalias
    Participant

I can post pics a bit later, setup according to the pics in your guide however now that I look it seems the salient on the crimp connector may be facing the wrong way? However the ribbon cable itself is oriented like on the picture in your guide.

Just had a thought that obviously although the pins and wires are correctly oriented that it probably means they’re actually flipped in at least reverse. In that case I can just recrimp or shouldn’t it be possible to just rotate the connector?

randomalias
    Participant

Just pulled apart the crimp connector and everything seemed to be connected to the correct pinout, did continuity from the pins on the back of the board to the pins on the controller sockets and they were fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.