Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is specific to RetroPie, but I’m running 2.6.0 and am having a problem with the GPIO and USB. I’m using a Raspberry Pi B.

Everything was working fine until I attached a 7″ TFT screen and powered it through the GPIO. I’m using a 12V step up converter connected to 5V and Ground (I have tried using different %v and Ground pins).

When starting up the Pi, I have used a connected keyboard to type in the command line until the Emulation Station screen comes up. After this, anything connected (keyboard, USB controller) is unresponsive. When the screen is powered by another source the keyboard or controller works fine.

Since the keyboard works for a little while I don’t think it’s a power issue. Could it be that a config file is being ignored for some reason?

Thanks for any help you can give to solve this problem. I was very happy to have finally figured out how to power the screen, and this is a real bummer.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.