Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

## tl;dr
    Are there callbacks or triggers that I can use for when a game is launched on RetroPie and for when a user returns to EmulationStation from a game?

## My setup
    * [RetroPie-Setup](https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup)
    * rasberry pi b+
    * x-arcade dual joystick (x 2)

## Why I need the callback
    On game launch, I want to trigger some RGB buttons to change color according to the game’s specific controller set up. I would also like to trigger a button map to show the game’s mapping (on a second screen).

## Is this a EmulationStation job?
    Is this actually something that should be programmed into EmulationStation and not RetroPie?

thank you,
    Scott

I put a similar question in the EmulationStation Issues on github:
    https://github.com/Aloshi/EmulationStation/issues/302

proxycell
    Participant

woah that sounds pretty complicated to me. this sounds like something you should do with your own custom scripts

Scott Nath
    Participant

Yeah…totally expected that. I was just trying to determine if there was a callback or trigger that might be called when RetroPie launches a game and/or emulator. Is there, perhaps, an event that happens when a game starts that could trigger a php or js (or something else) call on the RetroPie running the game…or perhaps an IP call could be triggered to another RasPi on the same network?

Looking for any event options that may be out there…

thanks,
    Scott

proxycell
    Participant

hmmmmm, not with “RetroPie” but maybe with libretro… or “RetroArch”. you would have to check out it’s documentation though and dig into it, they do seem to have a LOT of configurable settings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.