Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Guys, so first time post here after spending several hours reading threads nothing is clear. I updated everything via source yesterday took 16 hours… I already had roms loaded for NES, SNES, Genesis, and N64. All of which were working (except I didnt test any n64 roms prior to update).

Now i see all my roms listed but none of them load for any system. What did i do wrong? When i launch the rom some lines in terminal scroll and the screen resolution changes with smaller terminal lines then it kicks back into emulation station.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

petrockblog
    Keymaster

if you have installed the 2.6 image, then there is no need to do any source updates – I would recommend just downloading the image and going from there, or using the binaries install if installing on top of raspbian.

If you really want to use the source install, then I will need the build logfile from logs/ to help further.

captaintrap
    Participant

thanks for the quick reply. I figured the source installs were totally overkill but im a bit OCD and figured what the heck i have the time.

sorry new to this, Im staring at my terminal right now. how do i output the log file?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

It would just be better to do the binary install and go from there. The binaries are not old. It doesn’t say this in the menu, but I wouldn’t recommend building from source unless you are comfortable in the linux console, as although it mostly does just work, sometimes things break. Retroarch was for example broken for a few days until this morning – so if you built from source during this time, you will end up with a non working system.

The binaries have been tested, so it’s best just to use them.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I suspect you may have actually bumped into the very issue I mention.

the log files are gzipped text files. You need to copy them off the pi elsewhere, using scp, or commandline ftp, or copying them to ~/RetroPie which is available via a samba share or another method. I’m afraid I don’t have time right now but you can find some basic guides on copying files etc on the net.

But I would just go with the 2.6 image as is (it’s brand new) :)

captaintrap
    Participant

i just reran the updates with the binaries and everything is back to normal!!! thank you!

one comment, N64 seems supper laggy with the audio. Should i investigate in the forums for audio fixes or is there something simple i have to do?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.