Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

http://www.webfootgames.com/pi/

Not sure if they’ll need an x environment or not. Haven’t tested myself. Most if not all will likely need a keyboard and mouse.

zigurana
    Participant

Hey great find! These are exactly the kind of casual games you might want to include on an all-ages installation.
    Also hurray for the guy wanting to give something back to the community after a succesfull carreer in the game-dev business. That’s class!

I’ll check it out.

herbfargus
    zigurana
    Participant

Yeah, saw that in the other thread, thanks!
    Would be nice to have a curated list of these native pi games, which could be installed straight from the ES ports system.
    I understand that the original developers want to have people to download the games from their site directly (in the case of yoyo). Makes sense if you want to control the available releases or gauge the interest.
    Do you think that the devs would oppose the idea of getting a direct download from their servers, without actually visiting the page?
    I can’t imagine they rely on ad revenue in any significant way, but maybe I am underestimating that side of things.

herbfargus

I already petitioned gamemaker-games and they were against the idea of scripting it unfortunately. Ive included a module script for reference on the ports page of the wiki for those who want to do it manually.

Perhaps webfoot games would be more amicable to the idea of including it in the retropie script. (20000+ users with access to their games doesn’t sound like a bad proposition to me)

A list of games would be a good idea. Most of the problems with pi based games seems to be they either need X or a keyboard and mouse.

It would be cool to make a pi based game menu for things like webfoot games and apt-games. But I doubt we will get to anything like that anytime soon as there are other priorities at the moment. It also depends on distribution rights etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.