Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have followed all the directions on the wonderful sitehttps://supernintendopi.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/an-a-to-z-beginners-guide-to-installing-retropie-on-a-raspberry-pi/

I followed each step and no problems but when it comes to copying the rooms over I can’t seem to connect with either filezila or cyberduck (I’m using a mac) any help would be great as I’m totally new to this and just got my new pi 2 yesterday for this reason.

tpm1999
    Participant

I have used filezilla on Mac and havent had many issues yet. Make sure you have quit out of emulationstation to the console. Also make sure you have the right ip with the ifconfig command. After running that command I noticed it takes a little bit for filezilla to connect (I dont know if it has to time out of ifconfig for it to work again or what).

charliem78
    Participant

Ok I haven’t actually started retro pie. I had just hit F4 and gone into the command stuff like the guide told me to so do I have to actually going to first and then try to FTP over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charliem78
    Participant

Someone please help me. I’ve been at this for a week I started off by loading retro pie. That seem to work I followed the rest of the directions but for the life of me could not get any emulators on except for a couple non-console ones like Apple II or Macintosh etc. this is really difficult to be honest all I thought I would have to do was flash the SD card with the retro pie image and copy some ROMs over. if there is anybody willing to help me and walk me through this I would be greatly appreciative. I am getting very frustrated and annoyed that I spent $77 to order the pie with shipping plus the case I went out and bought a wired keyboard because I would need it invested quite a bit of money into this thing so I could have a retro game console.

labelwhore
    Participant

Are you connecting via SFTP? FTP won’t work.

richardpi
    Participant

Be sure to go to file, and then site manager in filezilla to setup your raspberry connection end not just fill settings in the main filezilla screen since I couldn’t connect then.

I pick an sftp connection (if you’re not sure ssh is enabled, you can always enable ssh again on your raspberry to be sure, with enable ssh in your RPi. Use sudo raspi-config).

Then fill in the right IP adres of the pi.( ifconfig shows it, but also if you exit emulationstation it can be seen somewhere in the last couple if lines at your terminal).

Username pi and password raspberry, or username root for root access.

Add the configuration in your filezilla to re-use, and connect!
    Should work then!

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

Note that you don’t need FTP for copying ROMS over – in fact that’s usually slower.

When you attach your Pi to the network and turn it on, you should see a computer called “Retropie” on your network. You can copy games and BIOS to the Pi this way. I’m not sure how you browse network computers on a Mac, but on Windows you just go to the Network folder.

charliem78
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions but I can’t copy my Roms (nes or snes) over when I can’t even get those emulators on loaded. I’m going to wipe my sd card reload retropie onto it and start from scratch. If someone is willing to help me that would be awesome. I’m new to this and honestly have no idea what I’m doing. I just want to play my old games lol.

charliem78
    Participant

Be sure to go to file, and then site manager in filezilla to setup your raspberry connection end not just fill settings in the main filezilla screen since I couldn’t connect then.

I pick an sftp connection (if you’re not sure ssh is enabled, you can always enable ssh again on your raspberry to be sure, with enable ssh in your RPi. Use sudo raspi-config).

Then fill in the right IP adres of the pi.( ifconfig shows it, but also if you exit emulationstation it can be seen somewhere in the last couple if lines at your terminal).

Username pi and password raspberry, or username root for root access.

Add the configuration in your filezilla to re-use, and connect!
    Should work then!

Awesome that totally worked thank you so much!!! I also didn’t realize that the emulators didn’t appear until you copy roms over. I think everything is working now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

richardpi
    Participant

Glad you figured it all out end got it to work!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.