Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anyone been able to access the neogeo bios menu in FBANEXT? In PIFBA you could press a button command to access the menu, but once I upgraded to FBANEXT I lost that abbility.

I tried adding

input_menu_toggle_btn = 11
    input_menu_toggle = 11

to the retroarch.cfg for FBANEXT and didn’t ahve any luck… Anyone got any ideas, as I am all out…

tipoto
    Participant

I haven’t test FBA next yet, but since it’s a libretro emulator, I guess you need to enable the unibios from the retroarch menu. Unless I didn’t understand what you were looking for and you were maybe precisely looking for a way to display the retroarch menu.

epe9686518
    Participant

Wasn’t aware you had to enable the unibios from the retroarch menu… How do you do that? I am simply looking to access the unibios menu in game, so I can add blood to metal slug and make other changes in the games.

epe9686518
    Participant

Ok I found and enabled the Unibios from the retro menu, but thats not what I am looking for. It has the dip switches… but not the actual neogeo in-game machine menu where you can enable blood, change the difficulty etc

epe9686518
    Participant

Ok finally figured everything out! The first thing you need to do is go into the Retroarch GUI/Menu and go to “options” and then go to “core options”. Make sure the “Neo Game Mode” is set to “unibios”… I also set my gamepad option here to “newgen” as it seems to map the controls better but you can play around with that. You can save this config file in the main menu and copy it over to the retroarch.cfg for fbanext so you don’t have to do this every time.

After that, if you load a Neo Geo game such as Metal Slug, you can hit the Neo Geo buttons A + B + C during the rom boot up to access the full UniBios Menu. Here you can change the game region to what ever you want, and also change it from arcade to AES (console). Any changes made here will be saved until your change them again…

After you do that, exit out of the game and reload it. During the rom boot up, hit the Neo Geo buttons B + C + D this time to bring up the Test Mode screen. Here you can change all of the gameplay settings such as difficulty and BLOOD. When you save this, it again will be there even after a full system reboot so you can edit to your liking’s and not have to do it again. Hope this helps, took a while for me to figure everything out on this!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.