Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I’m having a huge control issue with this emulator and I’m so clueless on how to resolve it. Maybe someone can shed some light on it.

First I am using a wireless Xbox 360 controller, with the proprietary dongle, and xboxdrv loaded up. Every emulator controls and works perfect as it is.

I just recently added roms to FBA and started using it. I want to primarily use PiFBA, but I can’t configure the controls at all in fba2x.cfg

No matter what I set the buttons for they never correspond correctly so last night I just blanked out all the buttons and yet the emulator still configures them to the controller. I don’t understand it. Are controls being overwritten somehow or is there something I’m missing?

I’m talking about this part in particular;

[Joystick]
    # Get codes from “jstest /dev/input/js0”
    # from package “joystick”
    A_1=3
    B_1=1
    X_1=2
    Y_1=0
    L_1=4
    R_1=5
    START_1=9
    SELECT_1=8
    #Joystick axis
    JA_LR=0
    JA_UD=1

Erase the button numbers, load up a Capcom fighting game, yet buttons will still phantom configure themselves.

What I would really like is a control scheme like this;

A-Low kick
    B-High Kick
    X-Low Punch
    Y-High Punch
    LB-Med Punch
    RB-Med Kick
    Back-Coin
    Start-Start

The Back and Start were easy to configure, the rest is pretty much impossible on an Xbox 360 wireless controller.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.