Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve been using mGba since i found it had better performance and compatibility with my games. Yesterday i noticed it had been updated so i recompiled it and now the games won’t launch.

RunCommand Log

RetroArch [ERROR] :: dylib_load :: dylib_load() failed: "/opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-mgba/mgba_libretro.so: undefined symbol: binaryName".
    RetroArch [ERROR] :: load_symbols :: Failed to open dynamic library: "/opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-mgba/mgba_libretro.so"
    RetroArch [ERROR] :: rarch_main_init :: Fatal error received in: "load_dynamic()"
    petrockblog
    Keymaster

and if you install it from binary rather than source does it work ? if a change in it has broken you will need to report it back to the libretro project page on github.

Omnija
    Participant

I don’t think there’s an option to install it from binary, due to it being an experimental install.

edit: can’t seem to figure out how to report bugs/issues

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Ahh yeh sorry – there wont be – and of course some things are in experimental for a reason. I forgot it was. I will have a look at this when I next get a moment – feel free to open a ticket on retropie github, but basically if it did work, and now it doesn’t its likely an upstream bug :/

Omnija
    Participant

Will do thanks.

Omnija
    Participant

Here’s a copy of the old binary incase anyone wanted it. Retrieved it from a backup image i had.

momaw27
    Participant

Hey Omnija!

Ran into the same issue. How would I go about installing the older binary in my 3.0B3 image?

momaw27

Omnija
    Participant

I uploaded it above, all you have to do is download/unzip and replace it in the opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-mgba.

momaw27
    Participant

Brilliant! Thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah having the same issue with the latest version not working, also vgba-next also doesn’t appear to work when you download the binary

momaw27
    Participant

Darn. Replacing the .so didn’t fix it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.