Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi all,

I seem to be having a strange issue in the ES menu (it’s fine in games) where I’ll go left or right through the emulators (or up/down through the games) and every so often it jumps/skips twice to the next emulator or game in the menu. It’s almost like I’ve double pressed the controller really quickly. I’ve tested several controllers and re-imaged on different SD cards and Pi’s but its still the same.. so I’m thinking its a config issue.

My current setup is with RPi 2 model B, RetroPie 3.0-final & PS3 style controllers 2.4ghz (ShanWan). Here are my tweaks in config.txt:

disable_overscan=1
    overscan_scale=1
    gpu_mem=320
    initial_turbo=30
    arm_freq=950
    core_freq=500
    sdram_freq=500
    over_voltage=2
    temp_limit=75
    boot_delay=0

If I lower gpu_mem the menu I get white backgrounds and missing emulator logos.

herbfargus

See if switching between fade/slide as a transition changes anything. You can also install the carbon theme from the setup script (after updating your script of course) and it doesn’t have any memory issues. I’ve tested it with 51 systems and had no problems.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your reply. Where can I find transition settings?

herbfargus

The start menu in emulationstation under ui I think. Could also just be a glitch with your controllers where it has a tiny short that sends two signals or something. My n64 controllers did something similar when I navigated with the joystick.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just tried changing transition to slide.. its not as noticeable but still there. The weird thing is it’s not happening in games.

I never had this issue with stock settings so I’m going to try playing around with the gpu_mem and also switch themes. You could be right with the controller glitch too.. ill look into that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, I changed gpu_mem back to default 64 and disabled all overclocking and it doesn’t happen. Could this be a bug or perhaps another part of my configuration is causing this to happen when gpu_mem is raised?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.