Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello, I hope this hasn’t been answered before as I was not able to find it.

I have a problem where after I copied some folders in /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/pc then rebooted Emulationstation will not start because it doesn’t have permission to access the new folders. I’d like to be able to get to command line but after it fails even when I hit a button it won’t return me to bash prompt :(

Basically I need a way to get to the commandline to chown -R pi on those folders but I’m not sure how if I can’t bypass emulation station.

Using Raspberry Pi 2 and RetroPie 3.3.1-rpi2

rdhanded2
    Participant

You can’t use filezilla or a similar app to access and delete the files? Or putty to get to command line?

johnsmith
    Participant

Haven’t tired it yet; is ssh enabled by default?

I wanted to avoid networking it as it’s in my kid’s playhouse and the wifi won’t reach lol

I’ll probably have to do that though :)

InsecureSpike
    Participant

plug the card into yer pc/mac navigate to the desired folders and delete, then put it back in yer pi

johnsmith
    Participant

[quote=113953]plug the card into yer pc/mac navigate to the desired folders and delete, then put it back in yer pi

[/quote]

I think I’ll just bring it inside and try tto do a chown via ssh. I think I would hbe the same issue with file ownership if I just copy paste from the pc.

Unless of course there is some keyboard command to drop to the shell during boot.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

ah, just thought you wanted to delete folder/files

johnsmith
    Participant

It’s working well now, just had to use putty and chown -R pi * in the /pc directory for anyone who has the same issue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

FYI there’s an app called JUICESSH you can log into your pi through your phone and enter commands there , I highly recommend it

rdhanded2
    Participant

Still needs to be networked though which was his issue.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.