Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I don’t know what happend, but I edited the shader paths.. I then proceeded to test it on my RP2 (while retropie_setup.sh was running on my computer).. My button presses obviously affected retropie_setup.sh while I was playing/testing mario on my SNES..

Now my controller won’t work at all with SNES emulator.. I tried to “Configure controllers” all over again on Emulationstation, but that didn’t help. I also tried to delete the retroarch.cfg file in the SNES folder in OPT, that only resetted the screen resolution etc but not much else…

What can I do to re-configure SNES controllers? It does not react at all.. At the start of a ROM, I can see something in the lines of “Playstation 3 controller 0/0”.

keem85
    Participant

By the way now I also get “Press a button to configure” when opening other emulators, like PSX.. “errors are logged to /tmp/runncommand.log” it says also..

I wonder how I managed to mess this stuff up :/

EDIT: Never mind the last post here, I think this is a new message on the new RetroPie setup script that I just downloaded, am I right?
    The SNES problem still remains though..

keem85
    Participant

Does anyone have any idea what could have happened? Is there any way to reset SNES settings to it’s default?

labelwhore
    Participant

This happened to me over the weekend with several different systems/emulators while I was adding overlays. SNES was one of them. The only fix I found was to reinstall the emulator from binary. That would work and leave all my changes in place.

Annoying as hell, but the workaround isn’t bad.

keem85
    Participant

Sorry if it sounds stupid, but how do I do that? is it the first option in retropie menu?

labelwhore
    Participant

In the retropie-setup script it’s under install individual emulators. I think it’s the 3rd option. Choose the emulator you’re having trouble with, then install from binary.

keem85
    Participant

I tried the binary install (recommended) option, but it did not help.. Any other tips?

keem85
    Participant

Ahhh I understood what you meant now. I did the binary reinstall and it worked! Thanks you saved my SD card!!

labelwhore
    Participant

no problem! This was annoying the hell out of me over the weekend until I found the fix.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.