Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

is there an easy way to update to 2.3 to 2.6 without wiping my sd card?
    if not how can i easily backup y controller config to reuse since it was a pain last time.

and finally how can i on 2.6 setup gameboy advance? i know i have to move some sort of bin file and setup my controller special for it, but any guides on this?

Floob
    retrouser15
    Participant

should i just copy off my roms and user directory and reflash with 2.6 and then drop it all back in? or is there a better way to do the upgrade?

Floob

When I upgrade I tend to just use the latest image, and copy the roms back.
    You may want to grab your controller config which (if you are using the auto files) is in /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/

Or it may be hardcoded in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

But to be honest it doesnt take a min to reset them using the retropie-setup script
    http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x3nvkw_smartretro_retropie-usb-controllers/1#video=x2hudzs

retrouser15
    Participant

i just imaged and resetting everything up. its a pain but probably cleanest.

i ran apt-get upgrade previously using wheezy repos but what harm would come from using testing?

retrouser15
    Participant

For some reason with everything setup emulation station says I have 4 gamepads plugged it. When I start a game I see it notify me of two gamepads.

I only have one plugged in and using the xbox driver. It may be duplicated as I made the init script and enabled the driver via the retropie setup script too.

Ideas for resolving this without a re-image?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.