Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hello!

I wanna play gamecube game and try to run dolphin in retropie.

System: Raspberry Pi 2 and use RetroPie V2.6

I create a new folder /opt/retropie/emulators/dolphin and copy dolphin-emu-nogui to that. After that i reconfigurate the /etc/emulationstation/es_system.cfg with:

<system>
      <name>gc</name>
      <fullname>Nintendo GameCube</fullname>
      <path>~/RetroPie/roms/gc</path>
      <extension>.iso .ISO .gcm</extension>
      <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 "/opt/retropie/emulators/dolphin/dolphin-emu-nogui %ROM%"</command>
      <platform>gc</platform>
      <theme>gc</theme>
    </system>

Everything looks fine in the menu you can choose the gamecube entry and it shows the already copied roms.
    But if i try to start a game i get this error message:

/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: Zeile 283: /opt/retropie/emulators/dolphin/dolphin-emu-nogui: Not Authorized

After that changing the owner/group from root/root to pi/pi even dont change anything.

Did somebody else try that or got experience with dolphin on raspberry?

best regards
    Baer1987

herbfargus

You’re wasting your time- the processing power of the pi is unable emulate the GameCube or Wii. It can barely handle the N64. My computer even has issues emulating the GameCube (granted it is older). You’re best using your PC or the original GameCube- but if it were possible the GameCube on the pi would be awesome :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.