Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I use lr-fba to run my neogeo games, mainly because I like to use retroarch whenever i can. They run great, but the default controller setup is screwy. I use a USB SNES pad, and if I configure lr-fba so that a, b, x and y are all mapped to the corresponding buttons in my pad, it maps that to the neogeo A, B, C, D buttons as:

X(C)
    Y(D)     A(B)
        B(A)

this doesn’t really make much sense to me, especially when you play games that assume all the buttons are in a horizontal line like the neogeo stick – eg, neo turf masters uses the B and C buttons to adjust your hook left and right, respectively, so it makes sense for them to be to the left and right of each other.

so I reprogrammed the buttons to be:

X(D)
    Y(A)     A(C)
        B(B)

via the following change in /opt/retropie/configs/neogeo/retroarch.cfg:

input_player1_b_btn = "3"
    input_player1_a_btn = "1"
    input_player1_y_btn = "0"
    input_player1_x_btn = "2"

the problem is now that navigating the retroarch RGUI menu with this setup is all screwy – A is no longer ‘accept’, and b is no longer ‘back’/’cancel’.

Is there a way of changing the ‘snes layout’ > ‘neogeo layout’ mapping, without messing up retroarch menu navigation? or is it up to the emulator core to decide what snes buttons do what?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

it’s up to the core, but you can remap buttons in the retroarch gui.

press select+X to enter the gui. Choose “Quick menu”

You can then choose “Core Input Remapping Options” – from there you can remap buttons as needed. Then save it with “Save Core Remap File”. It will save it to /opt/retropie/configs/platform/libretro_core_name/libretro_core_name.rmp – you can then manually edit

/opt/retropie/configs/platform/retroarch.cfg and include the file with

input_remapping_path = “/opt/retropie/configs/libretro_core_name/libretro_core_name.rmp”

and it will be loaded automatically.

dankcushions
    Participant

weirdly I don’t get the “core input remapping” option in the FBA-lr quick menu (either for neogeo or fba). it DOES appear when playing other systems, but I don’t have a problem with those! I’m not sure if it’s the core that’s hiding this option, or some other configuration (nothing jumps out)

EDIT: I smell a retroarch issue, so raised https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/2000

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.