Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone,

First, some info:

Pi Model: 3
    RetroPie Version Used: 3.6
    Built From: SD image
    USB Devices connected: None
    Controller used: 8bitdo FC30 Pro
    Error messages received: None

OK, I’ve been trying to play Midnight Resistance on MAME, and to do so it needs something configured as a dial controller. What I’d like to use, is one of my FC30 Pro’s sticks (ideally the right one!). Unfortunately, I can’t figure out how to do that.

I can set either of the sticks as digital directions, but that just causes my character to flail his gun around as I run left and right :)

Any ideas?

windale
    Participant

I’m not sure it’s possible. lr-mame2003 works much better with games that use spinners (Midnight Resistance, Forgotten Worlds etc.) because it rotates at a more playable speed. But I think it’s only possible digital. You can map L1 and R1 for instance to rotate clockwise/anti-clockwise.

deKay
    Participant

Yeah, I tried that but it’s nigh on impossible to control :(

windale
    Participant

You should try lr-mame2003. In Midnight Resistance etc. you said that his arm spins around by itself when moving left/right. This happens on Mame4All. In lr-mame2003 and possibly others it’s quite playable because his gun only turns when you hold one of the mapped rotate buttons. You could even play it with his gun permanently facing forward but that makes it a lot harder.

deKay
    Participant

Oh, it only turns when I press a rotate button anyway. My issue is I can’t map a stick to rotate, because the stick also duplicates the dpad – when I run left the run rotates left, when I run right, it rotates right.

I tried using L and R as rotate, and it works but is horrible to control.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.