Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all!

I have the problem that the games like tomb raider (one cue and a ton of bin files) show up multiple times. thats why I would like to remove the .bin extension from the configuration. Problem is that some games do only have the .bin extension and do not have a fue file. How could I generate the missing cue file? thanks!

ps: could I simply rename the .bin files to .iso of those games? I know it’s not the same to have a .bin and a .img but the emulator would see the file and then decide on its own how to open it.. would that be a decent idea?

momaw27
    Participant

To make thing a lot easier in terms of PSX emulation I have completely switched to .PBP files. These were originally used for PSX games to be playable on the PSP. No need for .cue files or .bins… The .PBP files work flawlessly in Retropie… Give them a try. I think you’ll like them.

A bonus is that multiple disc games are combined into one .PBP file… Much easier.

xd3l
    Participant

Here are the tools you will need.

Use Popstation to convert your single disc games. The reason for this is because Popstation is good at preserving the audio sound track.

For multi-disc games you will want to use PSX2PSP. With it you can see that it has a place to select multiple discs in Classic Mode. Fill up your cue, convert, and then configure the PSX emu to use buttons on your controller (which will work in conjunction with SELECT), to open the lid on your virtual PSX, load a different virtual CD (now contained within your PBP), and close the virtual lid to resume.

THe Save per Core and Save On Exit options need to be active in RGUI to do this.

sharkyenergy
    Participant

thanks guys will look into this asap!

where can I find the psx controller settings? Is there any source that gives the games already in this format?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.