CPS1/2 in piFBA?

RetroPie has a new website and forum. Please visit https://retropie.org.uk/ for the new site. The new forum is located at https://retropie.org.uk/forum/. This forum is left here as a read-only archive.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of wowzer22 wowzer22 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wowzer22
    wowzer22
    Participant

Hey all,

Trying to get a few CPS1/2 titles working with RetroPie. I see people finding ways to do it online but their messages stop shy of explaining how they did it. I’ve checked the compatibility list and a few that should be working are not. I’ve tried moving between the different piFBA emulators but the only one that seems capable of starting them is the standard “piFBA.” When I launch using that I get to what appears to be an 8-bit piFBA loading screen but then it just cuts to black and sits there. I don’t have speakers hooked up to my Pi 2 yet so I can’t verify if it’s just an image issue, but I’ve tried experimenting between different settings to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas that I might be missing?

Thanks!

wowzer22
    Participant

Should note that I’m fairly new at all of this but am decently tech savvy!

Profile photo of kitchuk
    kitchuk
    Participant

Hi,

I would recommend using lr-fba-next

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/FinalBurn-Alpha

wowzer22
    Participant

As mentioned, attempting to run any version other than the standard piFBA doesn’t work at all. See the error I get from trying to use the latest version of lr-fba-next attached. I’ve tried re-installing, switching rom versions and it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Feels like I’m missing a step?

The system just hangs for a few after that and then kicks me back to the emustation interface.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of wowzer22 wowzer22.
    Attachments:
    Profile photo of herbfargus
    herbfargus
    wowzer22
    Participant

Right but according to those charts I’m using the correct rom sets. I’ve combed that list quite a few times to ensure I’m using the right roms/sets.

Trying to rebuild the piFBA/retroarch/lr-FBA-next bios now to see if maybe something got screwed up in the latest retropie update…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of wowzer22 wowzer22.
    wowzer22
    Participant

Well, rebuilding from source didn’t seem to help. Any other ideas? I know people have these working, can’t figure out why I can’t get them running on my system :)!

Now when I try to use lr-fba-next as suggested I no longer get the error messages, just a few equals signs at the top of the screen, which then kick me back to the emustation/retropie menu…

Profile photo of herbfargus
    herbfargus

So you ran the roms through clrmamepro with the proper dat sets? (Doesn’t hurt to try even if you have the same romsets listed)

wowzer22
    Participant

AH! I see, I was totally misunderstanding that set. So quick question, do I rebuild using one of the lr-fba-next .dat files or just the regular pifba dat file in the instructions?

Profile photo of buzz
    buzz
    Keymaster

Watch the video tutorial. All the information you need is on that wiki page and in the Video.

wowzer22
    Participant

Got it working, thanks all!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar