Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I was trying to activate cheats for my 5 year old, when I go to edit retroarch I don’t see any cores. The core updater don’t do anything either. Are there suppose to be cores? Will I need to add them myself?

shoothere
    Participant

I suppose you mean you open up the retroarch menu?

Where are you not seeing cores?

mark77
    Participant

When I’m in the retropie menu and gonto edit retroarch/launch retroarch menu, online updater then core updater it does nothing. At the bottom of the screen itbsays 1.2.2- No Core if I go into load core it’s saying No items. And at the bottom again 1.2.2. No Core

shoothere
    Participant

My guess is is because there is no core loaded/associated at that moment. Have you tried accessing the same menu from inside a game?

For a joypad it is SELECT + X and there you should see options for the current core.

Lemme know if this works!

mark77
    Participant

Select and x don’t do anything. I tried other combinations as well and nothing worked.

mark77
    Participant

I got into the menu with a NES game. When I went to load core it said no content. The directory for the cores looks correct.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

You can’t use the core updater etc with RetroPie.

We don’t ship with any cheat files, and I have never tested it, but I guess you need to install some cheat data somewhere, and then use “quick menu” -> “core cheat option” and “cheat File load”

Cheats are available here – https://github.com/libretro/libretro-database/tree/master/cht

mark77
    Participant

I have the cheats on the PI I’ll need to mess around some more with it,when I apply them they don’t work.

mark77
    Participant

I have got the cheats working now. I didn’t see Contra on the list which my son loves. I was actually able to make the cheat file myself within a few mins. Thanks for the help.
    I’m sure the little one will have be busy adding cheats and so on, glad to see he enjoys what I had when I was younger. I’m sure once he’s older it will change to the newest system time will tell.

russianchik
    Participant

By the way … To use the cheats in Genesis MegaDrive roms should run on lr-genesis-plus-GX emulator. On the emulator lr-pitsodrive – cheats do not work.

Change the default emulator main lr-genesis-plus-gks rom files need to use the correct USA EU Japan compare CRC32.

Not all *.cht files suit, edit them in accordance with the base http://gamehacking.org
    Good luck cheaters !!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.