Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I have everything setup correctly as far as I can tell. I configured all the buttons on the PS2 style usb game pad using the configuration utility.

I can start the SNES emulator just find with Super Mario All Stars. I can even select which Mario game I want to play. (Super Mario 3) As soon as I get into the game after selecting Player 1 and selecting the save file the controller doesn’t do anything anymore. I’m on the map of the Mario world and I have to move around to select which level I want to play but nothing happens. The controller doesn’t respond. The keyboard doesn’t respond either unless I hit escape.

This is weird because everything seems to be working until I actually need to move Mario. Nothing happens.

Ideas?

petrockblog
    Keymaster
    wdog118
    Participant

Interesting. I have only 1 controller though. Do I need to purchase a second controller just to get this to work?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I did not work on a workaround for that issue yet. Maybe someone else can help here?

obert01
    Participant

The solution may be to play with the value of input_player2_joypad_index in retroarch.cfg as described here:

In the default configuration, input_player1_joypad_index and input_player2_joypad_index have the same value: “0”. This leads to confusions in the pocketsnes-libretro core apparently.

Olivier

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.