Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi ! I recently got the RaspberryPie model B. I installed RetroPie on it. I would like to know if it is possible to configure files directly on the RaspberryPie, and not be obliged to use an ethernet cable with CyberDuck or another software like this.
    For example, I would like to access retroarch.cfg. Can I access this file in the terminal ? Or with “startx” ? I’m really noob, so please help me !!!

Also, what’s the meaning of sudo and nano ? I tried “sudo nano /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg”, but it just show a blank text editor. Yet, this technics works with “sudo nano /boot/config.txt”, I can edit config.txt in the text editor.

trimmtrabb
    Participant

New location of retroarch.cfg is /opt/retropie/configs/all/

Press f4 in Emulation Station to exit to terminal

zsprawl
    Participant

You should be able to configure almost everything without internet access, although it wouldn’t hurt to be able to SSH into the box to manage remotely once you have the basics up and running.

ZeBlob

Thanks guys ! I finally found retroarch.cfg. Also, I would like to access es_systems.cfg. So I did “sudo nano /home/pi/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg”… a blank editor ! Is there a list of all the path for the configs files ? Because all the tutoriels I found on the internet looks obsolete…

trimmtrabb
    Participant

es_systems.cfg is now located in /etc/emulationstation/ Copy over to /home/pi/.emulationstation/ to edit.

ZeBlob

It works ! Thanks !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.