Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This might have been asked before, but I don’t know how to search this forum.

I’d like to play Colecovision games on my RetroPie Raspberry Pi. Any ideas?

[edit] Ooops. Found the search function. I’ll read on.
    [edit02] Found a topic on compiling ColEm, which seemed to work w/ ver. 2.9 of ColEm, but not anymore …. See: https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/colecovision-retropie-colem-why-not/#post-109733

herbfargus

This guy nanochess has been actively developing a colecovision emulator- I’m hoping we can integrate it into retropie someday if he releases the source.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240800-coolcv-emulator-for-mac-os-x-linux-windows-and-raspberry/page-9?hl=%20coolcv

davich
    Participant

I compiled from source СolEm, but do not know how to properly configure a joystick and video to full screen. I’ll keep you posted!

noslenwerd
    Participant

Sorry to bump an old thread, but wondering if anyone had any luck getting the coleco emulator working?

Thanks!

meneerjansen
    Participant

See this topic.

I can not get sound from ColEm. On the other hand, Cool_CV runs too slow on a Pi 1B to be useful (see this forum).

I do have, however, an emu w/ which I can play CV games in RetroPie. But I got it via a private mail from a user named IntvDave from the AtariAge forum. It is an emulator of the home computer “version” of the CV named the ‘Adam’ (the emu is calles AdamEm). However, he cannot release this emu because he is not the owner of the emulator so he has no say when the emulator will be released. He does have the permission to share it, like he did w/ me.

meneerjansen
    Participant

On Feb 4 2016 a new version of ColEm came out (ver. 3.6).

I tried to compile that one. It does compile to an executable. However, when I copy the Coleco BIOS file and the Donky Kong image that work in another Colecovision emulator (AdamEm) and I try to run it from the command line it unfortunately exits without any error message.

The problem w/ Cool_CV is that it does not run properly on a Pi 1 (much to s.l.o.o.o.o.w….). And AdamEm has video issues (colors are all wrong and you have to restart AdemEm a few times to get it right) and joystick settings cannot be set (use keyboard).

[edit] It appears that, fortunately, the joystick setting can be set after all in AdemEm.

zerojay
    Participant

I added an experimental mess core to Retropie yesterday. It runs coleco at 100% on my overclocked Pi 2. It requires the proper MESS software list ROMs to run in a coleco folder in your ROM directory. I can’t say for it’ll run well on a Pi 1. It also takes about 3 hours to compile on my overclocked Pi 2, so… it’s a longshot, but you can give that a try.

meneerjansen
    Participant

[quote=118431]I added an experimental mess core to Retropie yesterday. It runs coleco at 100% on my overclocked Pi 2. It requires the proper MESS software list ROMs to run in a coleco folder in your ROM directory. I can’t say for it’ll run well on a Pi 1. It also takes about 3 hours to compile on my overclocked Pi 2, so… it’s a longshot, but you can give that a try.

[/quote]
    Thank you very much for the tip. I found out that in AdemEm the joystick settings can be set to my preferences. So I’ll keep using that one for now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.