Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

There is now a wiki page explaining how to change the splash screen (starting with RetroPie 3.0):

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/splashscreen

In short once you’ve opened the splash screen menu from the retropie menu in emulationstation or from the setup script a folder will be created:

/home/pi/RetroPie/splashscreens

This folder can be accessed through samba shares over the network.

you may need to install/restart samba shares from option 3 in the setup script in order for it to show up on samba shares

Create a new folder within the folder that was just created and place your new splash screen in it.

Then select the folder you just created from the second option in the splash screen menu.

Upon reboot your splash screen should now show up.

claytonbeaubien
    Participant

i have opened the splash screen menu from the retropie menu in emulationstation and from the setup script, but i still have no Splashscreen folder… ?

herbfargus

you may need to install/restart samba shares in order for it to show up on samba shares

chito
    Participant

So glad video splash screens are now supported

zangashtu
    Participant

Anyone help?

After I select the video folder in “Select custom splashscreen” and it says splashscreen set to video, I reboot my Pie and when its booting I notice the code …splashscreens/video not found. If i Winscp to my Pie I find the folder I created deleted. Any suggestions?

senkun
    Participant

for the life of me, I cannot get video splashscreens to work. Never got it to work on my Pi 2, today I received my new Pi 3,

installed a fresh copy of Retropie 3.6 on it,

created a new folder named “video” in /home/pi/RetroPie/splashscreens

put a short 500Kb .mp4 video in it,

selected the folder “video” from the second option in the splash screen menu,

rebooted,

and just got bootup text. No video. On my Pi 2 when I tried it, I got video on first restart and then it just stopped showing thereafter. On my new Pi 3 I don’t even see it at all.

Am I the only one with this issue? Can anyone help?

starblank
    Participant

I’m not an expert but i would like to help. The video playing relies con omxplayer (and runs at boot by /etc/init.d/asplashscreen service), so try playing the video on commandline

omxplayer path/to/video/video.mp4

If it doesnt play, copy here the error/debug message please, if any, i think its a good start for finding out the problem.

You should also make sure the problem isnt the video by using a tested one (you can download any of the available in this forum). Have you tried a .PNG splash? Does it works?

regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Splash screens’ is closed to new topics and replies.