Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Good Morning! I’m trying to move my ROM folder locations to a USB pen drive. I can mount the USB pen drive and have it seen by RetroPie, I can change where the SMB Shares point too, but how do I modify where the ROM folders are? Currently they are all in ~/RetroPie/roms/SYSTEMNAME but I’d like to move them to something like /mnt/usbdrive/roms/SYSTEMNAME

Is this even possible?

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Question: would I just need to change the following section of the “retropie_setup.sh”:

# configure AdvanceMenu
    function configure_advancemenu()
    {
        printMsg "Configuring AdvanceMenu"

mkdir -p "/home/$user/.advance/"
        cp "./supplementary/advmenu.rc" "/home/$user/.advance/"

cat >> "/home/$user/.advance/advmenu.rc" << _EOF_

emulator "Atari 2600" generic "/usr/local/bin/retroarch" "-L <code>find $rootdir/emulatorcores/stella-libretro/ -name &quot;*libretro*.so&quot;</code> --config $rootdir/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig $rootdir/configs/atari2600/retroarch.cfg %p"
    emulator_roms "Atari 2600" "$rootdir/roms/atari2600"

to:
    emulator "Atari 2600" generic "/usr/local/bin/retroarch" "-Lfind $rootdir/emulatorcores/stella-libretro/ -name “*libretro*.so”` –config $rootdir/configs/all/retroarch.cfg –appendconfig $rootdir/configs/atari2600/retroarch.cfg %p”
    emulator_roms “Atari 2600” “/mnt/usbdrive/roms/atari2600″`

petrockblog
    Keymaster

You need to edit the file /home/pi/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you!

pcfreaxx
    Participant

hey there.
    first, thx for your work, helped me so much :)
    i need the path for the rom folder on usb, but my linux knowledge is very low. cann you give me an example how you would edit the es_system.cfg? i’m afraid to fxxx my system^^
    thx and happy new year

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I guess the quickest way would be to remove the roms folder, and create a symlink to your usb drive. no need to change any configs then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.