Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi ! I got to make everything work so well on my pi that I thought I sjould try to play some MAME games (emulated with MAME4ALL pi) everything worked so easily I couldn’t believe it. So yesterday I bought a usb hub to play with 4 people and it doesn’t work when I try to map my buttons.

However when I exit emulation station and run jstest the raspberry pi recognize all of them. I must also add that the first time I tried to play with my hub plugged in, my second controller was working perfectly good, only the third and fourth one wouldn’t work, my keyboard also plugged on the hub works also. I tried to do a joystick update and since then my second controller doesn’t work when plugged in the powered usb hub.

I’m pretty sure it is something really easy or something that I overlooked but it seems that I can’t find it by myself.

I didn’t included my hub model because I think it is a general issue and not really hub related since the pi registers every input of all of my controllers.

Thank you very much, this forum is so helpfull for me

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe a dumb question, but did you update the config file to map controls for players 3 and 4?

jmaxime89
    Participant

It’s not dumb ! Is there really a config file for mame ? Lol I knew it was an easy problem.

Can you give me a path please ?

Thanks a lot

EDIT : Tried changing the config in .emulationstation ES_config and MAME retroarch.cfg, still not working

jmaxime89
    Participant

It really must be something easy because when I open RetroArch RGUI and then I got into settings and inputs I can see player all of my controllers recognized there also and I succsfully mapped them. It’s really just in MAME4all pi that I can’t use them correctly

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t used MAME so I’m not entirely sure, but I would imagine there is a config file somewhere.

jmaxime89
    Participant

Well on the MAME you can press tab and it opens the config screen. I can set all the buttons for four controllers but it only registers the input from the 2 first controllers :(

jmaxime89
    Participant

UPDATE :
    instead of using mame4all pi I tried imame4all and I could play with 4 players but this emulator is so laggy it was unplayable. So if it gives anyone an idea please help me !
    Also it’s odd in the emulator carousel there is ES_config and I can’t run anything in there. Not even the basic input or the retroarch gui. it says permission denied but I did a chown on this folder and when I check in winscp it says owner : pi. It’s really strange.
    Thanks very much, once again !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.