Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I havent found a run/stop keyboard key for vice emulator. According to this :

http://electricgardener.net/2013/12/02/raspberry-pi-distraction/

it must be the ESC button but it “conflicts” with the es’s keyboard layout. I have not set any keyboard layout (or i think so) , but only a gamepad.

How can i fix that?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

What do you mean it conflicts ? Have you tried pressing escape ?

haris1977
    Participant

Of course and it doesn’t work..(at least on the game i tried)

Edit: Hm..i think i found a quick solution..

I Just went into /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg and changed this line (in ####input settings)

input_exit_emulator = escape

from “escape” to “del”..

(the problem in these kind of emulators is that they need BOTH keyboard and Joystick to work. Another problem is that you have to manually swipe joystick port all the time – depending on the game – and that is because there is NO SAVE per game)

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Vice isn’t a retroarch emulator and uses its own configuration. retroarch.cfg is unrelated.

haris1977
    Participant

If this is the case then my rom was bad written:(

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Not sure what you mean – which rom ? You mean the C64 software you were running or ? From my testing escape works as RUN/STOP – you can also use the on screen keyboard from the controller.

haris1977
    Participant

This is the rom i used

http://www.2shared.com/file/5Prs19LC/CommandoArcade.html

I used an other rom and escape button worked ok.

Edit: The specific rom (commando) doesn’t use run/stop button..I just saw it:P

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.