Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I am in the process of building a custom arcade cabinet, running RetroPie. I have loaded a small amount of ROMs and done some customization to the loading screen and what no so far… Now I am looking at ordering my controller components, but I want to make sure they work so 1) I don’t lose two weeks to send back and order the correct components and 2) lose my mind getting it to work if it won’t in the first place.

The main thing I am curious about is the GP-Wiz40 MAX USB (input interface) talking with the Pi and RetroPie. Has anyone had any luck with this? Can anyone see any reasons why it

wouldn’t

work? Thanks!

Ron

I’m trying this out right now. So far, I’ve found that the UI won’t map the game pad directions to the default U/D/L/R on the GP-Wiz40. It maps the buttons fine, but not the directions. A workaround is to use some of the user-defined (open) slots. I just started messing with this, so if I figure it out, I’ll let you know.

jamcinty
    Participant

yo, i just built a controller using happ parts. i hacked up a usb snes controller that i got for free and wired it up. works perfect other than the fact i cant figure out how to map out seperate controls for genesis.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.