Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So how do I install this? I dumped the contents of my Baldur’s Gate Linux install and put it in the Buldur’s Gate folder inside of Ports, but this got me know where. ct

Likewise, I did what the Residue website said to do in order to play Grim Fandango. It detected my game, but when I try to play it I get brought back to Emulation Station.

gizmo98
    Participant

Sorry. I need to write a guide for gemrb. I tested BG1 and BG2 windows installations. So there is the possibility your linux install does not run out of the box.

Please post /tmp/runcommand.log so i can see if there is a problem with your file location or config file (/opt/retropie/configs/Baldurs Gate/GemRB.cfg). You could also google if nativ linux install data needs a deviant GemRB.cfg. There is a old gemrb thread you could take a look as well:

herbfargus

Added a wiki page:

https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/GemRB

Far from complete but it’s a start.

Also added one for residualvm:

https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/ResidualVM

xd3l
    Participant

Got a copy from Gog…

…there are no GemRB.cfg files in my folders by default…

xd3l
    Participant

Here is my latest log file after using the GOG files:

http://pastebin.com/Mz7UQ1th

herbfargus

There was a path issue with the residualvm settings so hopefully that was resolved.

xd3l
    Participant

How do I resolve it if it was?

herbfargus
    cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo ./retropie_packages.sh residualvm configure
    gizmo98
    Participant

It seems like the paths are wrong. Did you copy the content of your bg1 installation into /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1? All those directories should be located there:

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/override (Override)
    [ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/sounds (Sounds)
    [ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/portraits (Portraits)
    [ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/data/Data (Data)
    [ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/CD2/data (CD2/data)
    [ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/data/CD2/data (CD2/data)
    [ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/CD3/data (CD3/data)
    [ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/data/CD3/data (CD3/data)
    [ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/CD4/data (CD4/data)
    [ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/data/CD4/data (CD4/data)
    [ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/CD5/data (CD5/data)
    [ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/data/CD5/data (CD5/data)
    [ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/CD6/data (CD6/data)
    [ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/data/CD6/data (CD6/data)

xd3l
    Participant

I ran “sudo ./retropie_packages.sh residualvm configure”

Still getting the same ol’ B.S.

I installed the Gog edition(s), copied the contents from the install folder directly to the game folder on the Pi.

The file structure looks like the Linux release btw.

Gog is the most accessible release of these titles to date, I doubt many will be coming here using any other distribution of the game.

zerojay
    Participant

Hi, I created the ResidualVM script for RetroPie. I literally just followed what the scummvm page said to do and it worked first go (this was before the residualvm page was created).

Here’s how my directory is laid out:

/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/residualvm/
    |
    + grim /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/residualvm/grim/
    |
    + All *.LAB files /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/residualvm/grim/*.LAB
    + GRIM.TAB /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/residualvm/grim/GRIM.TAB
    + gfupd101.exe /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/residualvm/grim/gfupd101.exe

Run ResidualVM, click on Add Game, select the /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/residualvm/grim/. At this point, it will create /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/residualvm/grim-win.svm which will get picked up by EmulationStation. If not, edit /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg and add the .svm and .SVM extensions.

Within the ResidualVM GUI, disable full screen (which will make it full screen for some reason) and set the rendering mode to Software instead of OpenGL for speed.

xd3l
    Participant

I was lacking the TAB file and update.exe in my Grim folder. Then again what I’d read is that I only needed the LAB files… I must have misread.

Now that I have those and set it to software I am up and running, thank you!!!

Down side though is that on the Pi2, the cut scenes run clunky.

xd3l
    Participant

I just got back home and decided to have another crack with Grim and this time when the video began to chop out, it just crashed and went back to emulation station.

EDIT: I just hit F4 to exit emulation station and now I sit facing a still image of the Grim Fandango intro movie where it had crashed…

…strange things are afoot at the circle K.

Should I wait until my Pi 3’s come in to play with this?

xd3l
    Participant

Here’s a photo of my Baldur’s Gate GOG install folder

Baldur's Gate GOG Install

gizmo98
    Participant

Seems like all your CD data is located in /data.

Open /opt/retropie/config/BaldursGate1/GemRB.cfg

Change CD1=$romdir/ports/baldurs1/ to CD1=$romdir/ports/baldurs1/data.

xd3l
    Participant

No, I still get errors, and there are no CD folders, no SOUND folders, no OVERRIDE folders… none of these folders it is looking for anywhere to be found in my GOG distro.

EDIT:

I don’t think it is your fault, it looks to be the fault of GemRB itself. I’m reading through this thread here and finding a lot of common themes…

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=22079

EDIT 2: Also I notice that some things are not anywhere to be found in my distro such as:

“[KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find data/LocCha.bif…
    [KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find data/LocSFX.bif…
    [KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find data/LocCre.bif…
    [KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find data/LocMP.bif…
    [KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find data/LocNpc.bif…
    [KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find data/LocTut.bif…”

gizmo98
    Participant

I attached a copy of my install folder.

xd3l
    Participant

Our installs are night and day.
    I’ve got an original CD distro of Badur’s 1 that I’m about to experiment with so as to match your install, but as for the rest of those games, I’m out, and it would sem that Gem needs to get compatible with Gog or no one is going to be able to play hardly any of them.

gizmo98
    Participant

I didn’t thought of GoG versions at all. If you have it working please post config file so it can be added.

xd3l
    Participant

I’ll have to ask around in the GemRB forums for a resolution for GOG, if there is one. Turns out the coders never owned GOG edition either. Though that makes sense, it’s like me and DOOM, I got boxed copies galore cause I love it. :)

Anyhow, I totally forgot about The World’s Finest Retro Gaming Resource! With it, I believe obtaining the original discs won’t be a problem now.

Using the 6 disc set of Baldur’s Gate, I was able to get it to run, but it crashed my system when I tried to select Gender. I have not installed any patches yet though.

xd3l
    Participant

OK, I updated it with the patch and copied it over…

…same thing.

So that’s both Grim and the first Baldur that lock up my system at some point.
    What results are you guys getting?

gizmo98
    Participant

My baldur’s gate CD set consists of 5 CDs. Do you have baldur’s gate + extension?

It’s a experimental module! :D

zerojay
    Participant

I didn’t really play much of Grim but it hadn’t locked up for me in the 60 seconds or so I played of it. If you could tell me where it happens to you and if it’s consistent then I can try playing to that point and seeing if it happens to me.

dudleydes
    Participant

[quote=119258]I just got back home and decided to have another crack with Grim and this time when the video began to chop out, it just crashed and went back to emulation station.

EDIT: I just hit F4 to exit emulation station and now I sit facing a still image of the Grim Fandango intro movie where it had crashed…

[/quote]

Same is happening to me on a Pi 2 running Wheezy, both with and without overclocking.

Here is the log from runcommand at the time of the crash:

pi@retropie ~ $ cat /tmp/runcommand.log 
    Using joystick: Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller
    WARNING: Could not find theme 'modern' falling back to builtin!
    Virtual keyboard pack 'vkeybd_default' loaded successfully
    WARNING: No hardware input were defined, using defaults!
    WARNING: Lua_V1::SetGamma, implement opcode, level: 0.000000!
    WARNING: !!!! Trying to call MakeSectorActive without a scene!
    ALSA lib pcm.c:7339:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred
    residualvm: graphics/surface.cpp:75: void Graphics::Surface::create(uint16, uint16, const Graphics::PixelFormat&): Assertion pixels' failed.
    User picked target 'grim-win' (gameid 'grim')...
      Looking for a plugin supporting this gameid... Grim Engine
      Starting 'Grim Fandango'
    /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/residualvm/+Start ResidualVM.sh: line 5:  2488 Aborted                 /opt/retropie/emulators/residualvm/bin/residualvm --fullscreen --joystick=0 --extrapath="/opt/retropie/emulators/residualvm/extra" $game
    xd3l
    Participant

EDIT: It begins to stutter when death says:

“Intimidating? Me? But I’m your friend. My name is Manny Calavera.”

And then dumps me back to emustation about 3 or 4 seconds after that generally.

xd3l
    Participant

Planscape (2 CD edition?)

Runs until I distribute points to character and try to begin the game, then all of a sudden I find my self at that ever familiar Emulation Station. :)

xd3l
    Participant

OK, I got Baldur 1 and 2 running and crashing, as well as Planescape. All of these have been patched, and all installed from CD editions of one form or another. So in short, they are not the modified GOG files and paths but should rather be the traditional ones.

Here are my logs for each game:

Baldur’s Gate Log

Baldur’s Gate 2 Log

Planescape LOG

herbfargus

Please learn to use pastebin for posting logs.

xd3l
    Participant

Sorry… Edited, is that better?

herbfargus

Looks much better, thank you. makes the forum a lot more readable. (especially on mobile devices)

xd3l
    Participant

Escape from Monkey Island has not crashed thus far, but the intro video slows to a crawl once it gets on to the bit about Le Chuck and Threepwood’s girl friend.

xd3l
    Participant

Here is something I noticed that is screwed up about Baldur’s Gate.

When I put the “CD#” folders inside of “data”, it expects the CD folders to be in the root folder. If I put them in the root folder, then it expects them to be in “data”.

I.E.

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/data/CD2/data (CD2/data)

or

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/baldurs1/CD2/data (CD2/data)

xd3l
    Participant

Icewind Dale crashes when I select gender also.

xd3l
    Participant

Here is what they say about this on the GemRB forums.

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27898

xd3l
    Participant

Also, I got my Pi 3 in the mail today (both of them), and without over clocking, and with having the memory set to 256, all these games still behave the same.

Guess the Pi can’t cut it after all.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.