Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m not sure this is the best forum for this question… my apologies.

I would like to setup a DosBox game to autolaunch from the EmulationStation menu.
    Here it my “Setting”. I’m not sure of the correct commands. This just gets me to the dos prompt.

<system>
    <fullname>Hi-Octane</fullname>
    <name>pc</name>
    <path>~/RetroPie/roms/pc</path>
    <extension>.txt</extension>
    <command>/usr/local/bin/dosbox /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/pc/hi-octane/HiOctane</command>
    <platform>pc</platform>
    <theme>hioctane</theme>
    </system>

petrockblog
    Keymaster

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Usage

Usage

name
    If name is a directory, DOSBox will mount the specified directory as the C drive.
    If name is an executable, DOSBox will mount the directory of name as the C drive, and start executing name.

add the extension of the executable also – and make sure the path is right etc.

note you should “apt-get remove dosbox” and use the retropie packaged version for best performance – /opt/retropie/emulators/dosbox/bin/dosbox

(get the latest retropie 2.4 beta image or update binaries on your current one if it isn’t there)

hotwheelzffx
    Participant

Thanks.

I did do the manual compile of Dosbox from instructions elsewhere on this forum.
    Does the 2.4 beta supercede that fastdosbox?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Yep. there is no need or advantage to use fastdosbox – and our previously compiled fastdosbox wasn’t any faster than debian dosbox. Fastdosbox is based on an older dosbox codebase than our build, and has very little difference over dosbox codewise.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=95421

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.