Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

First;

Has anyone gotten this to work at all? I can load a game, but cannot control it.
    I remember the 2600 had a stick for some games and paddles for others. A working cfg file would be a great start.

Second; I love the Retropie Project, but the Forum could use some organization to reduce redundancy, and make it quicker to find answers to common problems. I understand that costs money, which is why I donated to this endeavor.

herbfargus

I can understand the issue with redundancy which is why I sorted out the wiki as best I could. I created it as I tested each emulator so it should cover for most issues for the basic setup and controls of each emulator.

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Atari-2600

Plus people are just inherently impatient so its easier to throw out a post in frustration than it is to try and find a solution to a problem that was likely already solved in a previous post. But I do agree, the forum could use some better organisation.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I am happy about any suggestions for some organizational restructuring! Which forum organization would you propose?

Floob

It may help if there was a newbie forum, where a sticky emphasizing the Wiki and some help videos was in place. Called “Start Here” or something.
    That might head off the common, repetitive questions?

Maybe even a few stickies in that forum, or a FAQ post.

As currently the same questions are asked again and again.

Separately, it might be an idea to dedicate a forum to controllers as this is one area its tricky to predefine in RetroPie – maybe it would help build more and more configs for known controllers. It could also be used to explain in a sticky what files are read for controller settings.

If newbie questions and controllers were out of the main forum, maybe that would thin it out a bit?

herbfargus

I would have to agree with floob- 2 separate sections for new users and controllers would help thin the redundancy. Once you’ve sorted out input station I think that will really help with the controller issues. I think one other issue that’s is pretty common is mame and getting the right romsets- this thread may be useful as a stickie for mame:

iesposta
    Participant

The wiki answers the original poster’s question.
    I would like to add I was able to compile source on the pi2 at version 3.9.3. I could not compile the 4.0 and later sources.
    Last I checked, RetroArch had version 3.9.3 which should run all classic and modern game programs.
    But if any newer version is available let us all know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.