Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey,

Just wanted to say that RetroPie 2.3 has been great to set up and use when compared to the old 1.x series. And for once, even have MAME working with minimal configuring so kudos.

But, I do have a couple of questions and one concern. I have been trying to add the box art for days to my RetroPie setup. Unfortunately, due to the volume of my library the RetroPie GUI scraper does not cut the mustard and usually freezes up after around 50 or so games. With the old text based ES scraper program from the RetroPie 1.x series, I was able to get the boxart to work flawlessly with the same library. So, my first question is there a still supported version of the scraper but text based? I don’t see it in the install/setup menus (where it was in RetroPie 1.x).

The other question is quitting back to emulation station from controller. I thought there was a way to add a button combination to emulation station so that when in emulator you could press that combo and be back to the ES screen. Is that still so with RetroPie 2.3?

Also, if I added the GPIO adapter for the SNES controllers, how will this affect my current Logitech Wingman USB install?

Thanks in advance.

Floob

Hi,

This vid should give an alternative method of scraping images that is much quicker:

This one shows how to quit out of MAME

resentedpoet
    Participant

Hey Floob,

Thanks for the videos, they were great. I was referring to quitting out of the RetroArch emulators (nes,snes,atari, etc) but I was able to figure it out after looking around the boards a bit.

Floob

Ah ok – this vid has a bit about quitting out of the retroarch emulators by adding a couple of lines to the config file

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.