Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

While on the topic of simple questions …well I think it is a simple question … how does one go about removing the entries like Apple and IBM and such?? I was wondering if maybe what I need to do (and may solve my other major problem that GBA and N64 doesn’t work) is start from scratch again and run the setup where you load each emulator manually.Would this be your suggestion? Would this get N64 and GBA to work??

Thanks, Jonny

downup
    Participant

Will answer all of your questions :)

1. GBA bios can you find on google. it’s about 13kb
    Unzip and rename it to gba_bios.bin
    Place it in /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi/

Should start now after a reboot

2. To remove IBM, Apple and ports(pc?) just go to
    /home/pi/retropie/roms

Open Apple, ports and others folder and remove the start file inside

Reboot the Raspberry pi and they should be gone

3. I wish i had an answer for N64, but i can’t get it to work either. I have been trying everything and i find it hard to get answer how to get it to work. I know that it has major fps problems but it would be fun to get it going :)

To make 1 and 2 easier download WinSCP
    login in with
    username: root
    pass: ????

To make a password for the root enter emulation station and press F4
    type this in the commands

sudo passwd root

Type in your password twice. When you type will there be no letters. just hit enter when you are done.

Hope this helps

jonny
    Participant

i actually got gba to work although the controller mapping was a little weird I must say. I was able to play some games in there but most weren’t playable because of the controller. It seems Y is start for most of them. Thank though. I really hope they will put out a new version of retropie with this and n64 working out of the box soon. Thanks again!

downup
    Participant

[quote=83558]i actually got gba to work although the controller mapping was a little weird I must say. I was able to play some games in there but most weren’t playable because of the controller. It seems Y is start for most of them. Thank though. I really hope they will put out a new version of retropie with this and n64 working out of the box soon. Thanks again! [/quote]

For nes, snes, sega etc is’t F1 to map your keys for Gba is’t… I don’t know :D

But on my Xbox360 controller is’t Y + R2…. :)

kugwa
    Participant

Im sorry im a new to this and ive been looking through all these threads but i have no idea how to move the gba_bios.bin file once its on the RPi. Ive got it in /ROMS/GBA/ through cyberduck but what command do I use to get it from there to /gpsp/?

proxycell
    Participant

hey kugwa:
    i believe with cyberduck (or any other SFTP client) you simply have to right click on the file itself, and select MOVE or something similar to that. type in the directory explicitly: /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi/

or connect over SSH and move it from there

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.