Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi

I was wondering if it’s possible to add a game that is not dependent of a emulator to retropie.

For example if I have a game that is only a .exe file. Is it possible to call it from the Emulation station and play it on the retropie?

ronoh55
    Participant

In short…no.

.exe’s are windows executable files. Retropie is run off of a linux base. It cannot run .exe’s. You can look online and see if there is a linux version of it (sadly, that’s not super common though) and if there is you can start a thread here and we (Buzz and Herb mainly) can help you get it running if it is possible for the pi.

Floob

It may be a DOS game in which case you can use dosbox

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/PC

cheeturbo7
    Participant

[quote=111931]In short…no.

.exe’s are windows executable files. Retropie is run off of a linux base. It cannot run .exe’s. You can look online and see if there is a linux version of it (sadly, that’s not super common though) and if there is you can start a thread here and we (Buzz and Herb mainly) can help you get it running if it is possible for the pi.

[/quote]

What about DRM free Linux games like those found in the humble bundles? Like VVVVVV or the binding of Issac. Or do they need to be specifically made for ARM processors?

labelwhore
    Participant

Yes, they would have to be built to run on the PI. A quick google search tells me that hasn’t happened yet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.