Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve got some problems with the Xin-Mo Dual Arcade Controller.

Get it working was quite easy, but i’ve got several problems with the emulators.

1.) Mame4all-pi doesn’t support more then 16 buttons, so i can’t use 3 of my buttons… Anyone knows what i have to change in the source code to map more then 16 buttons? Would be great if the tutorial could be enhanced…

2.) I can’t get the 2nd player to work in RetroArch…

Player 1 works perfectly, but Player 2 doesn’t respond to any button presses… (though evtest confirmed that the controller is fully working)

What did i do wrong?

My config file:

input_player1_joypad_index = "0"
    input_player1_b_btn = "0"
    input_player1_y_btn = "3"
    input_player1_select_btn = "7"
    input_player1_start_btn = "6"
    input_player1_up_axis = "-1"
    input_player1_down_axis = "+1"
    input_player1_left_axis = "-0"
    input_player1_right_axis = "+0"
    input_player1_a_btn = "1"
    input_player1_x_btn = "4"
    input_player1_l_btn = "2"
    input_player1_r_btn = "5"

input_player2_joypad_index = "0"
    input_player2_b_btn = "10"
    input_player2_y_btn = "13"
    input_player2_select_btn = "16"
    input_player2_start_btn = "17"
    input_player2_up_axis = "-3"
    input_player2_down_axis = "+3"
    input_player2_left_axis = "-2"
    input_player2_right_axis = "+2"
    input_player2_a_btn = "11"
    input_player2_x_btn = "14"
    input_player2_l_btn = "12"
    input_player2_r_btn = "15"

input_exit_emulator_btn = "18"
    samanello
    Participant

I had the same issue and here is what my extremely unconventional way to get it to work was. You see, apparently, the MAME emulator itself is the issue as it will only assign a maximum of 16 inputs per joystick. There is a guy out there with another project called retrocade that recompiled the mame4pi somehow to get it to work. I say somehow because I couldn’t for the life of me figure it out. Since I personally like RetroPie better, I did the following.

1 Get yourself 2 SD Cards
    2 put image of RetroPie on 1
    3 put image of Raspicade on another
    4 boot pi with raspicade image
    5 Now, you can configure raspicade to work, but that isn’t our goal. So exit the front end to a console prompt and then terminal into raspicade from your pc and copy the entire mame4all-pi directory
    6 Now boot the Pi with RetroPie
    7 Again quit emulation station to a console prompt
    8 Go to your pc and replace raspicades mame4all-pi with the one you copied before the location is /opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all-pi/

9 Now you need to edit the directory section of /opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all-pi/mame.cfg to look like this. Make sure you have permission to save.

[directory]
    inp=inp
    nvram=nvram
    hi=hi
    cfg=cfg
    snap=snap
    memcard=memcard
    sta=sta
    artwork=artwork
    cheat=.
    rompath=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame
    samplepath=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame/samples

Now go into MAME itself and map the buttons. You don’t mamp the buttons for MAME with esconfig on either system.

good luck!

By the way Note that your sound samples and gamelist.xml will now need to go in the same folder as your roms, but you can change that too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is actually a lot easier than this. You just need the mame binary from the retrocade build, and not the whole directory. Just rename the file called “mame” in /opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all-pi/ to something else …
    mv /opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all-pi/mame /opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all-pi/mame.orig
    Then copy the “mame” file from retrocade to that same directory. Next time you start the MAME emulator you might have to remap a few buttons by pressing “tab” to get to the options menu, but you should be able to use up to 22 buttons instead of 16.

Keep in mind if you upgrade RetroPie it might overwrite the mame binary so you would have to repeat this process.

To make it easier, I have included a link to the fixed “mame” file on Google Drive. You can access it here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.