Reply To: Odroid XU4 and Retropie

Home Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements Odroid XU4 and Retropie Reply To: Odroid XU4 and Retropie

Profile photo of tipoto
tipoto
Participant

You can also try OGST (Odroid GameStation Turbo), which I use on my XU4:
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=7322

It’s very well done and the guy that supports it is very active, he answers every single question and updates his image very often.

I don’t know if you just bought your XU4 or not, but you’ll see that there is a big problem with the latest mali drivers… There is a huge tearing issue with the 2D scrolling games (Sonic, rayman 1 etc…) and Vsync doesn’t work with these drivers so forget about it to fix the problem.
I personally use an old kernel just because of that, but in consequence I have to deal with an old problem very annoying, the “black screen issue” (it has been fixed in the latest drivers), basically you can crash your system in certain conditions and you get a black screen when it happens. I managed to avoid it in almost all the situations but one, the only case where my system can still crash sometimes, is when I quit a game with Reicast, which is very frustrating since I bought the XU4 especially for its performances with Reicast, mupen64 and ppsspp. :/

Skip to toolbar