Reply To: Building Raspberry Pi/Retropie from scratch as a newbie

Home Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Building Raspberry Pi/Retropie from scratch as a newbie Reply To: Building Raspberry Pi/Retropie from scratch as a newbie

Profile photo of karhu
karhu
Participant

The last thing you want to do after this much work is destroy it with static, and I have to keep moving mine between the office and the screen in the main room so it seemed a good investment!
So having put the zip file on the USB stick and inserted that, plus powered off/on, I see the mame emulator come up in the list…..it says 1 game….I select it and sure enough there is space invaders, finally I’m there! Now I have the method sorted it will be easy to go back to those 1980 days. I select the game and sit back, it shows some missing files with a .e, .f, .g, .h suffix and exits. Back to the PC and check the zip file, the files seem to be there. So once again back to google and there are LOTS of people with the same issue and LOTS of people with different solutions. I wonder what is actually on my Pi, as I have no way I know of to check. I find a website that says you can connect your Pi to the same router as your PC and then access it directly from your PC, which sounds great. So next step – find the IP address of the Pi and access it from the PC.

Raspberry Pi with a box and Logitec F310 controller, and Retropie

Skip to toolbar